Shopify is an e-commerce software that can be used to sell online, in person or on social media.
Facts and good to know
This guide will only show how to set up Shopify as a source, you also need to add a target for the integration to work. You can look at other guides to see how to set up a target in the integration.
How to setup a Shopify integration in Zwapgrid
This is just to give you and idea on how to do it. The user interface will give you a detailed and easy-to-follow guide.
- Log in to your account in Zwapgrid.
- Click on "Integrations" then click "Create new integration".
- Give the integration a title, this is just a name so that you know which integration it is.
- Click "Save" then click on "Create new flow".
- Now you get to select from what system you want to fetch data, so select Shopify from the list. Then click "Create new Shopify connection".
- Fill in the information that is asked for. The title is just a name for the connection so you can keep track of which connection you are using, in case you have more connections to the same system.
- After you have filled in all the information, click "Test connection". After you see a messaged that says successfully connected, click "Save".
- Click "Continue".
- Now you get to select what type of data you want to send. Select order under Shopify in the list.
- When we fetch data from Shopify we use webhooks so we need to set that up now.
When setting up webhooks in Shopify the first thing you need to do is to log into Shopify. Then click on ”Settings” in the bottom left corner. Then click on ”Notifications” and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Then click on ”Create Webhook”. You need to choose ”Order update” from the list and then paste the URL for ”Updated Orders” that you got in Zwapgrid into the URL field. Then click ”Save Webhook”. You need to do the same with "Create Orders".
- Now we need to test that the webhook is working.
Copy your verification code from Shopify and paste it into Zwapgrid. Then click on ”Start test” in Zwapgrid and go back to Shopify. Click on ”Send test notification” on your webhooks that you created. Then go back to Zwapgrid to confirm that they work by checking that the triangle turn into a green circle with a checkmark in it. Then click ”Save” and then finally ”Cancel”.
- Now you need to setup a target for the integration to work.